Happy March 1st!
Honestly, I’m so happy it’s March. Even though February is the shortest month, man, did it feel loooong this year! I am so ready for a new month and for SPRING!
I recently discovered Emily‘s What I learned series and I want to join in this month! Thinking about all the things we have learned is a great way to reflect and see what we can take away from each new month.
5 things I learned in February:
- Tahini is delicious. I only ever used it for hummus. This month, I gave it a fair shot to shine on it’s own and I love it! I especially love it mixed with coconut oil, cinnamon, vanilla and maple syrup. Dip some apples in that and you have snack time bliss!
2. If you wash the floors, juice will be spilled on it in less than an hour. Probably even less time if you wash it on your hands and knees. It’s a law of parenthood.
3. Yoga is awesome! Okay, I already knew this one but I admittedly fell off the wagon since before Christmas. I declared February to be my month to get some movement in every morning. And it only took me 2.5 weeks to do it. But it feels amazing to stretch and move my body mindfully each morning.
4. We have too much stuff. I don’t like clutter and it seems no matter how much stuff we get rid of, we still have way too much. We have been trying to minimize for a while and it is a little better but we have a way to go. Full blog post on this subject in the near future!
5. Basing your daily activities on how you want to feel makes life better. I have been
slowly going though Danielle Laporte‘s, The Desire Map. Have you read it? You should. It makes total sense to figure out how we want to feel and then do the things that help us feel how we want to feel.
So, there are 5 things I learned in February. Tell me something that you learned last month!