Hello Beautiful People!
It has been a really long time! We’ve been busy busy with the move and house renos and then SUMMER!!! We are in full-on summer mode over here and it feels fabulous! BBQs, family vacations, exploring, relaxing in the sun, ice cream, picking flowers….all the good stuff. I thought that a summer recipe would be the perfect way to jump back into this space!
We recently went over to a friend’s house for a backyard get together and I whipped up a totally delicious and completely healthy dessert to bring and share with everyone. It was a hit and so I am now sharing the recipe with you as well! Lucky you! And also, lucky whoever gets to share it with you, if you don’t eat the whole thing by yourself. I won’t judge if you do!
*This post contains affiliate links.
Grain-Free, Dairy-Free, Sugar-Free Fruit Tart
This recipe is perfect for summer! It is light and fruity and bursting with flavour. It works well as a dessert but could also be served at brunch. Although this isn’t like a traditional fruit tart, it is full of healthy and yummy ingredients to make every body and mouth happy! It is free of grains, dairy and refined sugar plus it’s also no-bake! I hope you enjoy!
1 cup almond flour (I use this one)
10-12 soft medjool dates
1 Tbs coconut oil (I like this brand)
2 Tbs shredded coconut (Buy here)
1 tsp vanilla extract (Buy this Organic one)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
pinch of Himalayan salt (I use this)
- the cream from 1 can full fat coconut milk *see note (This brand is BPA free)
1/2 an avocado
zest from 2 lemons
juice from 1 lemon
3 Tbs raw honey
1 Tbs coconut oil
pinch of Himalayan salt
choice of fruit for topping
*Note: To get the coconut cream, place your can of coconut milk in the fridge over night or in the freezer for an hour. Then drain out the liquid (save it for smoothies) and scoop out the cream to use in this recipe.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray a spring form pan with coconut oil (like this).
- Add all crust ingredients to a food processor and process until mixed together and sticky. Add more dates if it’s too dry.
- Press the dough into your pan to form an even bottom layer. If you use a cookie sheet, you will have to form your dough into your desired shape-circle, square, heart-go crazy!
- Place pan in fridge to set up while you make your filling.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or high speed blender and mix until very smooth. Taste test and add more honey or lemon if desired.
- Place filling in fridge for 20-30 minutes to firm up.
- Spread a layer of your filling onto your crust. You will likely have extra filling but I’m sure you can figure out what to do with that.
8.Top with whatever fruit you choose. I used strawberries, blueberries, kiwi and raspberries but peaches would also be lovely.
9.Add extra toppings if you want to be a little bit more extra-shredded coconut, edible flowers, shaved chocolate-go for it!
10.Slice into 8-10 slices or eat out of the pan with a fork.