Hello fellow choco-holics!
Say it with me, “My name is Tina and I am a choco-holic.” Come on, I know I’m not the only one. I do know a few s
trange people who don’t like chocolate. I know, WHAT!? If you find yourself in that group, this post may not be for you….. If you’re in the good other group, then please continue reading!
I believe that chocolate nourishes the soul. When we eat it, it releases the feel-good receptors and allows us to feel bliss. How can that be wrong? Hint: it’s not.
Now, I’m not talking about eating Snickers bars either. I’m talking good quality dark chocolate (the darker, the better) or making your own with raw cacao.
Amazing, Awesome Benefits of eating raw cacao:
- Creates a feeling of euphoria
- It’s an aphrodisiac (hello Valentine’s Day!)
- Very high in antioxidants
- Super anti-inflammatory
- Helps to lower blood pressure
- Helps to reduce the stress hormone, cortisol
- Can improve digestion
- Excellent source of magnesium
- Absolutely delicious!
I always have raw cacao powder on hand. I add it to my smoothies, avocado pudding, raw brownies, hot cacao, chocolate sauce and I use it to make my own chocolate that I keep in the freezer for whenever I need it. (I have 2 kids; I need it a lot.) I don’t drink coffee but I do eat chocolate!
This recipe also includes deliciously healthy Coconut Oil! You can read all about the amazing health benefits of coconut oil here.
Here’s a quick chocolate recipe that you can whip up anytime!
Healthy Freezer Chocolate
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 cup nut or seed butter of choice (my faves are almond butter and sunflower seed butter)
1 heaping tbs raw chocolate powder
1-2 tbs maple syrup or honey (can also sub liquid stevia)
pinch of good quality salt
- Melt your coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Add other ingredients and mix mix mix really well.
- Spoon into candy molds or muffin tins. Can also be spread onto parchment paper covered cookie sheet. I used heart shaped molds for my loves because Valentine’s Day.
- Place in freezer until firm.
- Keep in a sealed container in the freezer.
- Try not to eat one every time you walk by the freezer.
*Optional, tasty add-ins*
- dried strawberries
- shredded coconut
- peppermint extract
- goji berries
- hemp seeds
That’s it Loves!
Tell me, are you a chocolate lover?